- For Sale
- Single Family
6073 Leedstown Rd Oak Grove, VA 22443 Get directions$1,475,000 $273/Sq. ft.
- Age 170 Years
- MLS# 106191
- Listed 5 Months 17 Days Ago
Once in a great while a property comes along that is so welcoming & comfortable, with such attention to detail, that it is mesmerizing! Wirtland circa 1850 is just such a property; understated in its unique opulence while at the same time being delightfully elegant. Original heart pine floors, doors, moldings, medallions, hand carved original walnut staircase, lavish marble fireplace surrounds, antique window glass & more make Wirtland an absolute treasure. Completed about 1850, Wirtland (a Gothic Revival Style Villa) was built by Dr. William Wirt, a Medical Doctor & son of a former Attorney General of the United States, William Wirt (1772-1824) who served under both James Monroe & John Quincy Adams. A recurring theme throughout the interior & exterior is a series of Gothic or Tudor arches that begin at the covered front portico & echo throughout. This stately mansion features two main living levels, with a fabulous walk-out basement that is currently used for living & entertaining family & friends. A full floored attic on the 3rd floor level offers the opportunity for additional living or storage space. Award winning restaurants, historic sites, award winning wineries and marinas within minutes. An easy drive to Tappahannock, Fredericksburg or Richmond. Convenient to Washington DC. At its heart, Wirtland is a true country estate, a retreat, where the best of country living can be appreciated, reveled in & enjoyed. Additional Acreage Available for Purchase. Contact Agent for details.
- Total Bathrooms: 2 / 1
- Full Bathrooms: 2
- 1/2 Bathrooms: 1
- Bathroom 2 Description: 1
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bedroom 1 Dimensions: 23'-9" x 18'-1"
- Bedroom 2 Dimensions: 23'-10" x 18'-2
- Bedroom 3 Dimensions: 16'-9" x 16'-8"
- Bedroom 4 Dimensions: 16'-6" x 16'-8"
- Bedroom 1 Level: Second
- Bedroom 2 Level: Second
- Bedroom 3 Level: Second
- Bedroom 4 Level: Second
- Foyer Dimensions: 11'-3 x18'-7
- Foyer Level: Main
- Utility Room Dimenions: 15'-3 x16'-7
- Utility Room Level: Basement
- Extra Room-1 Dimensions: 18' x 10'-8"
- Extra Room-2 Dimensions: 23'-0 x 18'-3"
- Family Room Dimensions: 19'-1" x 16'-9"
- Great Room Dimensions: 23'-1" x 18'-2"
- Living Room Dimensions: 23'-10" x 18'-
- Basement Sqft: 2243
- Extra Room-1 Level: Second
- Extra Room-2 Level: Basement
- Family Room Level: Main
- Great Room Level: Basement
- Living Room Level: Main
- Basement Description: Basement Access: Interior & Walk Out, Basement Rooms: 6
Heating and Cooling
- Cooling Features: Ceiling Fans, Central A/C, Heat Pump, Electric
- Fireplace Features: Bedroom, Family Room, Multi Fireplaces, Den, Living Room
- Heating Features: Forced Air, Heat Pump, Radiator, Wood
- Water Heaters: Electric
- Ceiling 9 Ft+
- Wet Bar
- Great Room
- Special Lighting
- Dining Room
- Walk-In Closets
- Window Treatments
- Washer/Dryer Hookup
- Storage: Attic, Barn
Kitchen and Dining
- Dining Room Description: Dining Room, Eat-in Kitchen
- Dining Room Dimensions: 23'-5" x 18'-3"
- Dining Room Level: Main
- Kitchen Dimensions: 15'-3" x 17'-1"
- Kitchen Level: Main
Exterior and Lot Features
- Balcony/Widow Walk
- Stone Driveway
- Pond Front
- Screened Porch
- Lot Size Square Feet: 2178000
Waterfront and Water Access
- Lot Size Acres: 50.0
- Calculated Total Monthly Association Fees: 0
Other Property Info
- Annual Tax Amount: 3460.00
- Source Listing Status: Active
- County: Westmoreland
- Directions: From Warsaw: Route 3 to Leedstown Road. Turn Right at Light (intersection of Route 3 and Leedstown Road. Proceed 2.4 Miles. Turn Right into Wirtland. Driveway is directly across the entrance to Ingleside Winery.
- Source Property Type: Non-Waterfront Residential
- Area: Westmoreland
- Source Neighborhood: Westmoreland
- Property Features: Older Home 15+, Basement, Historical
- Property Subtype: Non-waterfront Residential
- Source System Name: C2C
- Sewer: Septic System
- Water Source: Artesian, Shallow
Building and Construction
- Construction Materials: Stucco, Brick
- Flooring: Slate/Marble, Vinyl, Pine
- Foundation Details: Basement, English Basement
- Living Area Source: County
- Property Age: 170
- Roof: Metal, Slate
- House Style: Victorian
- Walls: Plaster, Brick
|3||Washington District Elementary School||PK-5||1.8 mi|
|4||Montross Middle School||6-8||14.2 mi|
|3||Washington & Lee High School||9-12||11.2 mi|
|NA||Monroe Bay Christian Academy Private School||2-11||5 mi|
School data provided by National Center for Education Statistics, Maponics, and GreatSchools. Intended for reference only. GreatSchools Ratings compare a school’s test performance to statewide results. To verify enrollment eligibility, contact the school or district directly.
Property History for 6073 Leedstown Rd
|Date||Event||Price||Price / Sq ft||Source|
The price and tax history data is obtained from public records and/or MLS feeds from local jurisdiction. Contact your REALTOR® directly in order to obtain the most up-to-date information available.